Daniel - Who will reign in your world?
The book of Daniel prompts us to ask who will cause us to think, do and live the most significant things in our lives - who will reign?
- Category: Sunday series
- When: 07 April 2013 - 14 July 2013
What do you think it would be like to be forcibly removed from your home and country? To be marched for miles, to remove all your choices and options and then enlisted in the service of a foreign government. For many people in the world today this is not actually difficult to imagine. In fact to imagine the freedom we enjoy is the hard bit.
Daniel is a prophet to his people who still speaks to us. The Holy Spirit inspired the book of Daniel so that we might live live to the full in a land far from home. We live in a wonderful city with much to enjoy, but we are not home yet. Daniel helps us in our everyday life as a disciple of Jesus to hear his words above all other voices, to embrace his plans above all other demands for our attention and to expect his intervention as his Kingdom is established through us.
To download a talk, right-click the "mp3" link and save to your computer.
Talks to come in this series:
- May 26: Daniel 6 - What’s it like to be a lion in a den of Daniels?
- June 2: Daniel 7 - The Ancient of days and the face of trouble
- June 9: Daniel 8 - Wild life from the wild west
- June 16: Daniel 9 - Prophetic prayer and the restoration of nations
- June 30: Daniel 10 - “Be strong now; be strong.”
- July 7: Daniel 11 - Is it all Greek to you too?
- July 14: Daniel 12 - Following Jesus into the storm